Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Mom's Visit

After 8 months of not seeing my Mom, she stepped off the plane in Madrid. My host family was so kind to let here stay here in my home with me in Madrid. We spent 4 days in Madrid first, visiting all the amazing places that I have been surrounded by all year. One of the days we took a day trip to Segovia and Pedraza two historic small cities about 2 hours outside of Madrid. We walked around Segovia and site saw and then drove to Pedraza and enjoyed lamb for lunch. I went there my second week here, it was great to return with my Mom. We also went out to dinner with Emma and Sam, they fianlly got to meet my Mom. It is really exciting to meet other exchange students families. Here are some pictures...





After a few days exploring Madrid we flew to Barcelona to explore. We spent 3 days in Barcelona, trying to cram the whole city in. Lots of walking and pictures. We stayed in a small 2 person apartment that was right next to the Hospital San Pau, the view was incredible. Of course we went to all the main attractions, La Rambla, Parc Guell, Sagrada Famlia, Guadí houses, the Gothic Neiborhood, and the beautiful Mt. Juic. Pictures..











After Barcelona we took off to Alicante Spain, It is a small city on the Mediterranean coast of Spain. It literally has just boomed in the last 10-15 years. We stayed in a really small hotel close to the main beach. Alicante doesn't have a lot to see. They have one castle that looks over the city, but that is about it as far as ancient sites. We spent the two days we had there just sitting on the beach and swimming in the Mediterranean ocean. I have a few exchange student friends that live there so they were kind enough to show us a beautiful beach to go to one day, and take us out to the bar neighborhood at night.



After lots of traveling and running around we made it back to Madrid, and spent 3 more days here. The weather was beautiful and we went to Parque del Retiro and the Prado museum. On May 3rd I took my Mom to the airport and said good-bye. Having her here was incredible, I loved showing here around and giving here a taste of what my life has been life for the last months. Here are a few pictures one of my Mom on Gran Vía and the rest in the Park. Unfortunately we were not allowed to take pictures in the Prado, but it was truly remarkable.



Love you Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment