Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Trip to Bilbao and Barcelona with the Cali Boys..

First I wanted to give my friend Emma credit for parts of my last Blog entry, I stole some of her descriptions on where we went, because I was too lazy to write them all out on my own. Thanks EM!

Literally 2 days after I got back from the bus trip, three friends from home, Joel, Jackson and Dylan came to visit me. They are from Chico, Ca and they have worked with me at Jakes in the summer for the last 2 years. Dylan in currently studying in Bilbao for the year and Joel and Jackson decided to take a trip over here to visit us.

We spent the first 2 days in Madrid, and I showed them around. Then we took a bus to Bilbao, where Dylan lives. It is on the coast in northern Spain, the Basque country. By far the greenest part of Spain I have seen so far. We spent 2 days there walking the streets and visiting the Guggenheim. It is a very family oriented, clean city. I enjoyed the time we spent there. Here are some photos of our time in Madrid and Bilbao..
Madrid...


Bilbao...





Joel Jackson Dylan

The Guggenheim...



After a few days in Bilbao, we hopped back on a bus and went to Barcelona. I spent 4 days in Barcelona with them and then another 7 with my host sister and spanish friends. It was a overlap of friends and languages. While I was in Barcelona with the boys we went to all the main tourist attractions including, spending half of a day in the wonderful Parc Güell designed by Gaudí and touring the inside of La Sagrada Familía also Gaudí and to a Barcelona Fútbol game! I have now officially seen both famous Spanish teams play live! We also went to some incredible dance clubs. Here are some pictures with Joel, Jacson and Dyl in Barcelona...









The biggest discoteca in Barcelona named Razmatazz. It'd 5 separate rooms, 5,000 people.


On my last day with them we walked to the Gothic district of Barcelona and came along a whole plaza a people dancing a greek dance in front of one of Barcelona's most famous churches...


The last night the boys were in Barcelona they came over to the appartment I had rented with my host sister and we hung out until they had to head to the airport at 2am. It was crazy to have my best friends in Spain hanging out with friends from home. It made me realize, I really do have friends all over the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment